What is better than a healthy breakfast that tastes just like a naughty dessert! Hello carrot cake overnight oats! Easy, simple and quick these oats are my new favourite breakfast and I couldn’t wait to share them with you! The creamy oats with the shredded carrots, walnuts, raisins and cinnamon is such a perfect flavour texture combo and takes 5 minutes to make then pop in the fridge overnight and you have a delicious breakfast waiting for you.
These carrot cake overnight oats taste fab straight out of the fridge but if you prefer your oats warm they work just as well gently heated on the hob or using a microwave.
If you love the look of this recipe check out my apple puree, slivered almonds and grapes overnight oats which are equally delicious!
CARROT CAKE OVERNIGHT OATS (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
Serves 4 (keeps in the fridge for 3 days)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes to prep then left overnight
- 1 cup of oats (gluten free if needed)
- 2 cups of plant milk (we love oatly barista as it is so creamy!)
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- small pinch of salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir well to combine
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours. The oats will keep in the fridge for 3 days. Optional topping of freshly grated carrots is lovely!