I have been trying to think of a way to get Sunny to eat more kale as unless its really soft in a curry she doesn’t like it so I have been experimenting with kale crisps which I have finally perfected! It takes a bit of experimentation to get the seasoning right to your taste, but other than that is one of the easiest recipes and can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes! The perfect healthy treat to snack on with a film or to serve with drinks.
My first batch was way too salty but once I scaled that back and added the cinnamon I created the perfect salty but sweet flavour with a deliciously moreish crunchy crisp! I couldn’t believe I was eating kale!! These crisps are a great portable snack and wonderful way to sneak extra greens into your toddlers! With toddlers it’s all about how you present food – I like to call them green crisps and they are wolfed down!
CINNAMON KALE CRISPS (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
Serves – 2/3 as a snack
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 200g kale
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 tbsp. salt (we use Maldon sea salt which is not very strong so if you are using table salt start with 1/2 tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 200’C
- Wash and de stem your kale and cut into bite sized pieces
- Add the olive oil, cinnamon and salt to a bowl with the kale and toss well to combine
- Lay the kale in a single layer on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes, turning halfway through (keep an eye on them as some crisps may cook a bit quicker than others)
- The kale crisps are ready when they feel dry and crisp to the touch and are starting to go golden