Ever since the weather has warmed up I have realised I have been in a major salad rut! I was alternating the same few salad and veggie bowls and realised I need to get creative! Since then I have been so busy in the kitchen and now have so many new recipes for fresh salads and lighter dishes I can’t wait to share with you guys.
I am loving this turmeric roasted cauliflower salad which is super easy and simple to cook. The amazing thing about vegan cooking is it’s so much less technical and you can create the most beautifully simple healthy delicious recipes with a few ingredients that are so easy to prepare! Roasted vegetables are just so tasty and in this salad the sweetness from the roasted red pepper creamy cashew sauce is just perfect with the turmeric roasted crunchy but juicy cauliflower! The lentils give this dish a lovely earthy flavour and make it more of a meal with an added protein punch!
If you love cauliflower as much as I do check out my Cauliflower and broccoli “smoked cheese” bake, my Middle eastern lentils with roasted cauliflower and dukkah or my Roasted broccoli and cauliflower soup!
TIP – The red pepper cashew sauce is so delicious it can be used as a pasta sauce, dip for crudités or in a sandwich! Sunny loved it as a dip for her toast and broccoli!
If you try any of the recipes please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH LENTILS AND A RED PEPPER CASHEW CREAM (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 100g cashew nuts (soaked for 6 hours or 10 minutes in boiling water)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers
- 1 lemon
- 1/2-1 cup of plant milk
- 1 cup of green lentils
- Head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Olive oil
- A small handful of fresh parsley
- Pre head the oven to 180’C and chop the pepper roughly before tossing with olive oil, salt and pepper and placing on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft
- Chop the cauliflower into bite sized pieces and add to a baking tray and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and the turmeric and roast for around 25 minutes until golden, turning halfway through
- Rinse and cook the lentils as per the packets instructions (usually simmered for about 20 minutes)
- While the cauliflower and lentils are cooking make the sauce by adding the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, roasted peppers, 1/2 a cup of the plant milk and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender and blending until smooth. Check the consistency and if you would like the sauce a bit runnier add more plant milk until it reaches the right consistency
- When the lentils are tender drain any remaining water and add half of the red pepper cashew sauce and stir through.
- Serve the lentils in bowls and top with the roasted cauliflower, the rest of the sauce, and a handful of chopped parsley