I know rosemary and chocolate sounds like a bit of a strange combination, but trust me, these rosemary and chocolate chip cookies are delicious! The rosemary is subtle but gives the cookies a lovely delicate aftertaste which cuts beautifully into the richness of the dark chocolate…perfect with a cup of tea or coffee!
If you can’t find walnut oil feel free to substitute coconut oil but it does offer a lovely delicate nutty taste and is full of healthy ALA omega 3’s which are great for heart health and reducing inflammation. Who needs more of an excuse to eat a cookie! Walnut oil is also packed with antioxidants, vitamin e and b vitamins which are great for healthy skin, hair and nails so you get a beauty boost with your biscuits!
If you love a sweet treat give my tahini chocolate fudge a try – it has been my most popular post by far to date and tastes incredible.
I would love to know what you think of the cookies so if you try them let me know!
ROSEMARY AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE)
Makes – 8-10 cookies
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl, and using an electric or hand whisk mix thoroughly until combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well
- Place cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper using a large tablespoon of mixture per cookie
- Use your fingers to gently shape the cookies
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies are starting to turn golden. Depending on the thickness of the cookies they may take an extra few minutes
- Leave to cook on the baking tray and enjoy! The cookies will keep for at least 4 days in an airtight container