This tahini chocolate fudge is the perfect pick me up when you are craving something sweet, vegan and guilt free! The fudge is refined sugar free and packed with goodness from the tahini and raw cacao. It literally takes less than ten minutes to throw together and you have a lovely fudge ready to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
I created this recipe for Sunny as I have been trying to think of a way to get more tahini into her diet as it is full of iron, protein, magnesium, calcium and lots of good fats – a perfect toddler food! Lucky for me she absolutely LOVED it and can’t get enough! For me watching Sunny enjoying healthy food is one of the best things ever – makes me such a happy proud mummy!
I would love to hear what you think of this fudge!
- 1/2 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (use a neutral tasting one if possible)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4-1/2 a cup maple syrup (depending on your sweetness preference!)
- 1/4 cup water (leave out if you have used 1/2 a cup of maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon (if your coconut oil is very firm warm it gently first so it turns liquid)
- If the mixture seems dry add a splash of water
- Line a baking tray of your choice with baking paper (I use a loaf tin) and press the fudge mixture down. I find my hand is the best tool to push the fudge down and create a smooth surface!
- Cover with extra baking paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Take out of the freezer and cut in to bite sized pieces.
- Stored in the freezer the fudge will stay lovely and fresh for 2 weeks. When you are about to eat it take it out of the freezer and leave for a minute or two for the fudge to soften as it will be even more tasty!